Extranet Login     |     Find A Distributor     |    Contact Us     |    Sitemap     |     Careers     |     Grundfos.us  
Go to home page




PEERLESS PUMP HISTORY: Printer Friendly Version


Peerless Pump has a long, rich history of providing quality products and outstanding service.

1923
Peerless Pump Company is founded near Los Angeles, California. The first pumps manufactured by Peerless Pump were designed to irrigate local orange groves. Subsequent production included horizontal end-suction water pump models PB & PE, made in Canton, Ohio.

1932
Peerless Pump Company is acquired by Food Machinery Corporation (FMC), beginning a profitable and productive 44-year relationship that lasted until 1976. During FMC's stewardship, many of the people who played key roles in development of Peerless Pump products rose to prominent positions within FMC.

1946
The current Indianapolis Plant is purchased from the US Army. Peerless enters the horizontal split-case market with the A, TU & TUT pumps.

1962
Peerless begins production of its first Process Pump, Model CLE/CLO.

1965
Peerless releases the F & C Standard Horizontal Water Pumps, obsoleting the original PB & PE pump lines over the next years.

1976
Corporate headquarters is moved from California to New York City.

1981
Peerless officially obsoletes the CLE/CLO Process Pump line.

1986
Peerless releases the AE Split Case Pump, replacing the A-series pumps.

1989
Peerless purchases Power-D, a replicator of one of the worlds leading process pumps. Peerless releases the Peerless 8196 ANSI Process Pump, 8175 Heavy Duty Slurry Pump and 8796 Self-Priming Pump.

1994
Peerless purchases LaBour Pump Company in Elkhart, Indiana. LaBour is a producer of Chemical Process Pumps known for their high alloy expertise. All production of LaBour products is moved to Selma, Alabama and Engineering is relocated to Indianapolis. The Peerless California operation is moved from Montebello, California to Indianapolis.

1999
Peerless Pump releases a new Building Trade pump (model BT), a scaled-down version of the successful AE pump.

2001
As part of global development, Peerless opens its Singapore Office.

2002
Peerless opens a new European office in Geneva, Switzerland.

2004
Peerless opens a new office in Torino, Italy. The introduction Vertical Turbine Pumps (VETP) is made for European markets. In Singapore, the company establishes Peerless Engineered Systems (PES-Asia).

2007
Peerless Pump is acquired by Grundfos A/S, a global leader in pump production.




>> Home







Privacy Policy
    |    Log in to view Terms of Use


PEERLESS PUMP COMPANY
2005 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Fire Pumps at Grundfos.us


Reliability     |     When It Matters





© 1996-2014 Peerless Pump Company
Quick Response Center Peerless Pump Distributor Finder