The primary use of vertical turbine fire pumps is for fire protection installations that have their water sources below ground level. Vertical turbine fire pumps are required for all installations where suction lifts are involved.
Peerless standard vertical fire pumps are constructed in accordance with the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Factory Mutual (FM) and comply with the standards of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Pamphlet 20.
- Commercial Building
- Industrial Facilities
- Energy Facilities
- Oil & Gas Facilities
- Power Plants
- Marine Applications
Capacities 250-5,000 gpm
Head 40-183 psi
Pressure Dependent on material
Horsepower Compliant with NFPA, UL, FM
Temperature Above 40°F (5°C)
Drives Electric motors, right angle gear drives, steam turbines, combination drives
Liquids Fresh and sea water, others as needed
Materials Duplex, stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, nickel aluminum bronze, K Monel
- Standard surface discharge head assembly is cast iron. (UL Listed only, optional materials are epoxy coated cast iron, SAE 63 bronze, or Ni-Resist type 2.)
- Standard top shaft is 416 stainless steel with open line shaft construction.
- Standard column pipe material is threaded and coupled prime grade steel pipe. (UL Listed only, optional materials include epoxy coated steel pipe with 316 stainless steel flanges, 316 stainless steel pipe and flanges.)
- Standard bearing retainers are bronze. (UL Listed only, optional material is SAE 63 bronze.) Bearing is cutless neoprene retained by a stainless steel lock ring.
- The standard line shaft material is 416 stainless steel with stainless steel bearing journals. (UL Listed only, optional shaft material is K-500 Monel.)
- Standard impeller shaft is 416 stainless steel. (UL Listed only, optional material is K-500 Monel.)
- Standard bowl units include cast iron bowls with vitreous enameled flow passages, steel-cored neoprene lateral seal rings, and dual bronze and neoprene bowl bearings. Bronze impeller and 316 stainless steel bowl hardware. (UL Listed only, optional materials are SAE 63 bronze bowls and impellers, or Ni-Resist bowls and impellers.)
- For sump-type installations, bell mouth suction manifold provides minimal flow restriction to pump entrance. Threaded suctions are available for well pump installations. Standard material for either type is cast iron. (UL Listed only, optional materials are SAE 63 bronze or Ni-Resist.)
- Basket or Cone Type Strainer Standard material is SAE 40 bronze. (UL Listed only, optional materials are SAE 63 bronze or copper nickel.)