Using the latest technology, Peerless Pump engineered the AE series pump to accommodate a variety of applications. The single-stage, double suction, horizontal split case pump comes in 42 different hydraulic configurations and 25 pump sizes. Discharge sizes range from two to ten inches. The AE has a wide selection of hydraulic performance envelopes, multiple mechanical configurations and several material options.
- Water and other non-abrasive fluids
- From small, single-pump commercial installations to large, multi-pump municipal water supply systems
- Building trade
- Fire protection
Capacities Over 8,000 gpm (1,817 m3/h)
Head Up to 675 feet (206 meters)
Pressure Up to 510 psi
Horsepower Up to 550 hp (410 kW)
Temperature Up to 250°F (121°C)
Drives Motors, engines, steam turbines, combinations
Liquids Water, clear liquids
Materials Cast iron, bronze fitted as standard. Other materials are available.
- The casing material is a minimum of class 35 cast iron. To provide permanent alignment of bearings and all rotating parts, Peerless Pump casts the bearing bracket supports as a part of the lower casing half.
- Renewable bronze casing rings are doweled and shouldered in the casing.
- The double suction impeller is a single cast-bronze piece. Dynamic balancing gives the impeller vibration-free hydraulic and mechanical performance. The balancing also provides a longer bearing life and mechanical seal life. Keyed to the shaft with an 18-8 stainless steel key, the impeller aligns axially with threaded shaft sleeves.
- Grooved impeller skirts (in combination with casing rings) extend the life of critical clearances and increase the mean time between preventative maintenance (MTBPM).
- Peerless Pump standard mechanical seals are mounted over a bronze shaft sleeve and rated for temperatures up to 225°F.
- The optional packed stuffing boxes hold a minimum of five packing rings. Split glands facilitate removal for repacking. The gland bolts are swing-type and made of steel with 18-8 stainless steel nuts. Water seal piping and lantern ring are optional. As standard, the upper casing features a tapped and plugged seal flush connection.
- Replaceable bronze shaft sleeves protect the carbon steel shaft through the stuffing box. The shaft sleeves extend beyond the mechanical seal flanges (or packing glands) for maximum shaft protection. O-rings seal the sleeves. The shaft and shaft sleeves are available in stainless steel.
- The bearings are single-row, deep-groove ball-type and grease-lubricated. Their average life is 100,000 hours. Double-row, outboard thrust bearings and oil lubrication are optional.