Heavy duty process pump with replaceable casing wear plates. Fully open impeller to handle up to 6% pulp. Extends conditions of service beyond ANSI pump designs. Power end comes standard with labyrinth bearing isolators.
- Solids, paper stock and slurry, entrained air and abrasive liquids
- Pulp and paper
Capacities Up to 18,500 gpm (4,202 m3/h)
Head Up to 350 feet (107 meters)
Pressure Up to 285 psi (1,965 kPa)
Horsepower Up to 750 hp (560 kW)
Temperature Up to 450°F (232°C)
Drives Motors, engines, steam turbines
Liquids Pulp and paper, chemical, any liquid
Materials Cast iron, 316SS, CD4MCu, 317SS, Alloy 20
- The 8175 Series casing is a self-venting, top centerline discharge with a fully confined gasket.
- The renewable side plate, which comes standard on all 8175 pumps, protects the casing against wear in abrasive applications; this plate can be provided in a variety of wear-resistant alloys.
- The standard dual-volute casing serves to balance radial forces, extending shaft, seal and bearing life.
- Our impellers are a fully open design that resists clogging — even with up to 6% pulp. Multiple vane configurations are available to suit your application. All impellers are keyed and bolted to prevent accidental loosening of the impeller in case of reverse rotation, and they are dynamically balanced, giving longer bearing and seal life.
- Integral back pump-out vanes reduce stuffing box pressure, prolonging bearing life as well as extending the life of the packing or mechanical seal.
- The heavy-duty cast-iron bearing frame is coated internally to prevent contamination of the oil or bearings from the inside.
- The VBXD® labyrinth oil seal by Inpro/Seal®, designed especially for Peerless Pump, provides both static and dynamic sealing to protect bearings from environmental contamination, and prevents vapor transfer into the pump’s powerframe.
- The shaft is designed with a maximum .002″ deflection at the seal chamber face. It comes standard with a replaceable sleeve, available in multiple materials. The threaded area of the shaft is protected against corrosion from the pumped liquid with O-rings on the impeller hub and on the impeller bolt.